Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tips on How to Write a good Application Letter for DOH RN HEALS


The government’s hiring of nurses for the RN HEALS (Registered Nurses for Health Enhancement and Local Service) Batch 4 has already begun in other regions. An estimated 22,500 licensed nurses will be hired in 2013 who will be assigned in public health facilities especially in under-served areas.
Writing a good application letter and of course, an impressive resume, are two of the keys to get hired in a nursing job. I came across with this well-written application form and I am giving all the credits to Mr. James Brian K. Perez.

November 6, 2012
Felisnimo Tagumpay, MD, PHO IV
Quirino Provincial Hospital Regional Director
Cabbaroguis, Quirino
Sir:
In view of my desire to practice my profession, please consider me an applicant to the RN HEALS program of the Department of Health.
I am James Brian K. Perez, 26 years of age, Married, a resident of St. James Subd., Batal, Santiago City, isabela,. I am a Registered Nurse, I graduated from Far Eastern University, Manila. last April 2007 and passed the Nursing Licensure Examination given last November 2009 by the Philippine Regulatory Commission.
I am willing to submit myself for an interview at your convenient time should this be necessary.
It is my fervent prayer that this application merits your kind consideration.
Very truly yours,
James Brian K. Perez
Applicant

What to write in an RN HEALS Application Letter?
Your application letter should answer the following questions:
  1. Why are you applying for the job? 
  2. What are your objectives? 
  3. What are your reasons for wanting to work for the employer? 
  4. What are your skill sets and how do they fit into the job you are applying for as well as the vision and mission of the employer? 

Further, your letter should contain your previous experience. Your application letter should be short, preferably of one page only.